The SeaLife DC1400 is built from scratch to be the highest performing, most durable, and easiest-to-use underwater camera you can buy. The DC1400 from SeaLife is a premium digital camera in a rugged housing. It takes sharp, colorful 14 mp pictures and high-definition video at depths to 200 feet. And it's the most user-friendly dive camera EVER. You can operate the SeaLife DC1400 with one hand, thanks to the large shutter button, easy-grip zoom lever, and five "piano style" control keys. All controls are exceptionally easy to use, even with dive gloves on. The large 3-inch LCD screen on the DC1400 ensures flawless framing and playback above or below the waterline.
The SeaLife DC1400 is a breeze to operate right out of the box, but it's user friendliness isn't the only thing to love about this camera. It's built tough to withstand rough environments, with a housing made of super-strong polycarbonate coated in rubber armor for secure grip and shock protection. The camera in its waterproof housing is compact and lightweight, too. It measures just 3.7 X 5.3 X 2.8 in. (HxWxD) and weighs less than 18 oz.
Unlike the flood of compact waterproof cameras from mainstream brands that have entered the market recently, SeaLife is a dedicated dive camera company. The cheaper name-brand cameras can be taken just a few feet underwater, while the SeaLife DC1400 has been depth tested extensively to 200 feet. SeaLife is one of the only companies that builds cameras specifically for use underwater, with onboard exposure programs to ensure bright, colorful underwater pictures and video. Choose from six specialized underwater shooting modes for exceptional results, from as close as 1 inch away. The DC1400 was meticulously designed for one-handed operation, with extra large buttons in a layout that's intuitive for fingers to access.
The slim, pocket-sized inner camera works without the housing, too, with 27 shooting modes on land for beautiful pictures and video in any condition.
A rechargeable lithium battery is included with the SeaLife DC1400 and will power the camera for approximately one hour of continuous HD video—perfect for a two-tank dive—or for 200+ photographs. (Additional spare batteries may be purchased.) The camera system includes 20 MB of built-in memory, and an SD/SDHC Card can be added for up to 32 GB of memory.
Jacques Costeau pioneered ocean exploration and photography in the 1950s and 60s. Today, anyone can take unforgettable images of their underwater adventures, thanks to SeaLife and their flagship DC1400 camera.
Special SeaLife Features
- “Piano Key” controls for easy operation. 5 large buttons with big shutter and zooming lever for easy camera control, even with gloves on.
- Easy Set-up mode – Easy 1-2-3 graphic on screen guide –takes the guess work out of setting up the camera for great pictures.
- 6 Underwater Modes for sharp, colorful underwater pictures under any conditions. Includes 4 built-in digital color correction filters.
- Expandable with one or two SeaLife Digital Pro Flashes (SL961) and Photo-Video Lights (SL980) (Note: SL970 wide-angle lens will vignette)
- Spy Mode – The camera automatically shoots continuous pictures at set time intervals.
- Rubber armored, shock-resistant for rough handling and tough environments.
- Depth tested to 200 ft (60m) – Guaranteed
- Manual shutter and aperture control in Ext Flash mode.
- No O-ring lubrication required – Hassle-free O-ring maintenance, Just keep O-ring clean!
- HD Video mode – Record continuous High Definition video with sound
- 14 megapixel CCD for sharp, high-resolution pictures.
- 26mm Wide Angle lens. Get closer to the subject and fit everything into the picture.
- Super Macro Auto focus from 1” (5cm) to ∞
- Large 3.0” LCD for easy on-camera viewing
- 25X zoom - 5X optical zoom plus 5X digital.
- Lithium battery 700mAh for 2+ hrs/200+ pics
- Fast shutter response time* and quick start-up for fast action photography. *(As fast as 0.3 sec in Ext Flash mode and infinity focus)
- SD and SDHC card compatible up to 32GB
- 27 Land Scene modes – Automatically pre-sets the camera for the type of scene.
- Removable inner camera
- Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) – CCD shift technology reduces camera shake caused by hand movement.
- Manual White Balance control with short-cut key for fast and easy manual white balance setting.
SeaLife DC1400 Specifications
|Image Sensor||14 mega pixel CCD (1/2.33”)|
|Color||24-bit color (RGB)|
|Image Resolution||4288x3216(14mp), 3264x2448(8mp), 2304x1728(4mp), 1600x1200(2mp), 640x480 (VGA)|
|Movie Resolution||HD 720p / 30fps - 1280 x 720 (HD), 640x480 (VGA) or 320x240 (QVGA)|
|File Format||AVI (Motion JPEG)|
|Lens||5X Optical Zoom
Aperture: F2.8(W) – F7.9(T)
|Focal Length||4.7mm ~ 23.5mm
Film equivalent = 26 ~ 130mm
|Focus Type||Auto Focus from 1” (2.5cm) to infinity|
|Focus Modes||Auto, AF Tracking, Face Detection, Macro, Super Macro, Infinity.|
|Focusing Ranges||Auto focus/no zoom: 6” (15cm) to ∞
Auto focus/5X zoom: 24” (60cm) to∞
Macro focus: 3” (8cm) to ∞ (with or without the Fisheye Lens)
Super Macro focus: 1” (2.5cm) to ∞ (with or without the Fisheye Lens)
Infinity focus: 3ft (90cm) to ∞
Horizontal field of view / No zoom:
|Zoom||25X Total zoom
|Shutter Speed||Mechanical shutter
1 to 1/2000 second
|Recycle Time||As fast as 0.3 seconds (Ext Flash mode, flash on, landscape focus)|
|ISO||Auto, 64, 100, 200, 400, 800,1600, 3200|
|Flash||Auto, Force ON, OFF, Red-Eye reduction, Slow Sync, Pre Flash|
|Scene Modes||6 Underwater Modes:
Dive mode with UW color correction
Snorkel mode with UW color correction
Ext Flash Auto mode for automatic exposure settings when using one or two external flash(es).
Ext Light Mode for automatic exposure settings when using one or two external photo-video light(s).
Ext Flash + Light mode - for automatic exposure settings when using external flash and photo-video light combination.
Ext Flash Manual mode for manual aperture and shutter speed exposure controls when using one or two external flash accessories.
27 Land modes: Program AE, Auto, Shutter Priority, Aperture Priority, Intelligent Scene, Sports, Smile Detection, Anti-Shake, Panorama, Skin Soften, De-Blemish, Portrait Man, Portrait Lady, Landscape, Sport, Night Portrait, Night Scene, Candlelight, Fireworks, Text, Sunset, Sunrise, Splash Water, Flow water, Snow, Beach, Pets and Natural Green.
Auto, Manual (-2 ~ +2 EV in 1/3 steps) or Ext Flash Manual
|White Balance||Land: Auto, Manual, Daylight, Cloudy, Incandescent, Fluorescent 1, Fluorescent 2
Underwater: Ext Flash WB, Blue water <25ft/8m, Blue Water > 25ft/8m, Green water <25ft/8m, Green Water >25ft/8m
|Self-Timer||Self Portrait, 2 second, 10 second delay, and 10+2 second (2 pictures)|
|Shooting Modes||SPY mode, Single shot, Continuous (3pics), Continuous Flash, AEB (bracketing), Album Shot, Burst, Pre-Shot, Couple Shot, Burst 30fps|
|LCD||3.0" color LTPS TFT LCD|
|Read/Write Speed||3 MB/s|
|Video Output||Yes (NTSC and PAL support)|
|Audio Output||Yes (mono, 1x speaker)|
|EXIF Format||EXIF 2.2|
|Operating Environment||PC: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8
MAC: OS 10.4 and up
Included printed English manual.
On-Screen Display: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Dutch, Turkish, Portuguese (Brazil), Chinese (T-C and S-C), Korean
|Connector||USB connector, AV connector, USB AC power adapter|
Battery: Lithium rechargeable battery (3.7v, 700 mAh)
|Battery Life||200+ pictures, 2+ hours, 2-tank dive per charge|
|Certification||CE, ROHS, FCC|
134 grams (4.7 ounces)
2.4”H x 3.8”W x 0.8”D
Underwater Housing Specifications
|Depth||Individually depth tested to 200' (60 m)|
|Controls||Control buttons for Power, Shutter, Zoom, Mode (video or still image), Playback, Focus, Flash, Menu.|
|Operating Temp.||33 degrees F to 110 degrees F|
|Storage Temp.||-20 degrees F to 140 degrees F|
|Lens Port||Optical glass lens port with anti-reflective coating
With snap-on ring to adapt accessory lenses
|LCD||Optical grade polycarbonate window|
|Tripod Mount||Standard 1/4-20 tripod threads to adapt accessories|
|Lanyard||Padded lanyard with swiveled attachment clip|
|Hardware||304-316 series marine grade stainless steel metal hardware|
|Material||Rubber overmolded polycarbonate housing.|
|Weight||370 grams (13 ounces) Housing only without inner camera
504 grams (17.7 ounces) Housing and inner camera
3.7” H X ” 5.3W X 2.8” D inches
|Warranty||1 year limited warranty|